Let’s face it, if you’re looking for investment income these days yield is hard to come by. 10-Year U.S. Treasuries yield less than 1% and savings accounts have been a joke for close to two decades. Even a quality corporate bond barely cracks 5% – especially with the Federal Reserve now buying.
That means that for investors hungry for yield, dividend stocks are the only game in town.
And since we’re all busy, today we’re sharing a list of the 10 dividend stocks we think are worthwhile.
Our Top Dividend Stock Picks
- Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU) A provider of insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services. Yield 6.92%
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) designs, manufactures, and sells Internet based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industry around the world. Yield 3.84%
- Altria (NYSE:MO) manufactures and sells tobacco products, smokeless products, and wine in the United States. Yield 9.23%
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank (NYSE:TD) offers personal and commercial banking products and services in Canada and the United States, operating in three segments: Canadian Retail, U.S. Retail, and Wholesale Banking. Yield 5.20%
- Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) manufactures and sells oil and gas for transportation and petrochemical products in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and internationally. It operates through three segments: Refining, Ethanol, and Renewable Diesel. Yield 7.85%
- Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE:MMP) transports, distributes, and stores crude and refined petroleum products in the U.S. Yield 11.07%
- NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) a wholesale power generating company, also involved in the development, construction, and operation of power plants, the transacting, and trading of fuel and transportation services. Yield 3.76%
- Omnicom (OMC) provides advertising, marketing, and corporate communications services, in the areas of advertising, customer relationship management, public relations, and healthcare. Yield 5.38%
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is a leader in wireless communication services and telecom for home and the office. Yield 4.19%
- MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) is a provider of insurance and financial services throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific. Yield 4.09%
Bottom Line: Dividend stocks can make an excellent addition to any portfolio. We encourage you to study them closely before investing. After all, dividends can be boosted for any number of reasons…
The BLI Staff