November 23, 2020
The market keeps climbing and it was up again this morning in early trading.
“Markets continue to look through the near-term Covid-19 burdens,” said Robert Greil, chief strategist at Merck Finck Privatbankiers. “With political uncertainty in the U.S. fading in addition to the end of the virus tunnel looming, speed bumps for markets become less scary going forward.”
Adding to the market’s current bullish posture was the news over the weekend that AstraZeneca PLC (NASDAQ:AZN) joining Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Moderna Inc. (NASDAQ:MRNA) and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:REGN) as it announced early today that it too had a vaccine for the coronavirus with a 90% efficacy rate.
The entire world is giddy as global markets turned upward. Investors are turning to stocks affected by the pandemic such as travel and energy set to recover when the virus is contained.
West Texas Crude was up, the dollar and gold were down, and world currencies were higher.
Pre-Market Stock Movers November 23rd,
- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) fell 2% in early trading today.
In Other News…
- The Western Union Company (NYSE:WU) is acquiring a 15% stake for $200 million in a Saudi Arabian digital payment business.
- CoStar Group Inc (NASDAQ:CSGP) is acquiring Homesnap, Inc. for $250 million.
- U.S. jobless claims, GDP, and personal spending data come Wednesday and Congress still has no relief package and they aren’t even talking. An estimated 12 million people will lose benefits… by the end of December.
- Putting at risk any form of recovery as we’re facing a much greater economic threat as states renew lockdowns…
Recent Unusual Options Activity
These options trades are making waves today:
- An investor placed a huge trade worth $578,500 on XPeng Inc. (NYSE:XPEV) with a $50 call expiring on November 27, 2020.
- Another investor placed a trade valued at $240,000 on Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (NASDAQ:WBA) with a $35 call expiring on April 16, 2021.
- And one more we’ll report placed a trade for $154,350 also on XPeng Inc. (NYSE:XPEV) with a $50 call expiring on November 27, 2020.
Have a great day.
The BLI Team