November 2, 2020
Dear Fellow Investor,
Markets here and overseas were up in premarket trading this morning. Bouncing off of positive economic data coming out of China.
Meanwhile, crude took a hit down as much as 6% after Libya accelerated production in early activity before recovering a bit, but still down about 2%.
It’s another busy week on Wall Street as a slew of earnings reports are due, the election tomorrow, Fed policy decision on Thursday, and the U.S. labor market report is due on Friday.
Gold advanced this morning while the yield on 10-year Treasuries held at 0.86% and the dollar and euro were little changed.
Pre-Market Stock Movers November 2
- Nintendo Co. (OTC:NTDOY)
- Toyota Motor Corp. NYSE:TM)
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE:BABA)
- AstraZeneca Plc. (NASDAQ:AZN)
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc (ELAA.BE:Berlin)
- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR)
- Paypal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:PYPL)
- The Clorox Co. (NYSE:CLX)
In other stock news, Reuters reported JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) now control 71% of its Chinese securities joint venture after it bought a 20% stake from a local partner.
And Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DNKN) has agreed to be acquired by a private equity company for $11.3 billion, backed by Inspire Brands Inc., in one of the restaurant industry’s biggest deals ever.
Recent Unusual Options Activity
These are the options trades making waves today:
- An investor placed a trade worth $235,000 on The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) with a $120 call expiring on November 6, 2020.
- Another investor placed a trade valued at $152,500 on Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) with a $115 call expiring on January 21, 2022.
- And one more we’ll report placed a trade for $146,000 on NIO Limited (NYSE:NIO) with a $40 call expiring on February 19, 2021.
Have a great day and don’t forget to vote,
The BLI Team